First day out

I finished one full day of wearing my invisalign trays. It is recommended to leave it in for at least 20-22 hours a day. I wore mine for 23 hours and it was quite an experience. I started the day with a meeting, so I was a bit nervous someone would notice.

My fears included:
  • Someone noticing them in my mouth
  • My speech
  • Could I pay attention to the meeting and not the pain in my mouth
  • Someone noticing the slight mouth guard/hockey mouth I strongly feel I have developed since putting them in.
My fears were put aside because I don't think anyone noticed anything, and my speech was perfectly fine. I think practicing talking and saying words the night before really helped.

I am little nervous to smile openly and freely.

For lunch, I luckily can go home, and I was able to freely remove the trays and rinse them, and enjoy some soup, then I quickly brushed, flossed, rinsed with mouth wash and put them back in. It hurts taking them off because the teeth are sensitive, and my saliva acts like a suction cup to the aligners. It felt good to take them off just for a little bit. My mouth was getting a little claustrophobic.

For dinner I had frozen yogurt with slices of kiwi, strawberries and blueberries. I don't have any desire to chew with my teeth because they are so sensitive.Chewing on the soft fruit felt strange. Even though I have only been wearing them for a day, I forgot how it feels to to bite down hard and chew on something.

I want to eat super large meatballs, with pasta and garlic bread.

To prepare I went shopping and bought:
  • Jello
  • Pudding
  • Apple Sauce
  • Soup
  • Breakfast essentials (to make chocolate smoothies)
I plan on living off of these smooth and soft foods until my teeth and mouth start feeling better. I assume that every three weeks when I change into a new tray I will go through this pain, but I won't know until I get there.

Overall, the day went much better than I thought it would. I did have constant pain during the entire day. The amount of pain came in waves. Distractions during the day help. I am getting used to it and I feel that the pain is going to subside as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment