Molds and Photos

After, saying "yes, yes, yes" to invisalign, the next step in my journey was getting my molds.

I don't live in the same state as the dentist I went to, because I opted to go to the same dentist my brother went to. I live about 2 hours away, but because of my first impressions, reviews I read about him, and my brothers obvious teeth transformation, I said driving 2 hours was worth it.

He is only open on the weekdays, so I took half a half day off and went on my road journey to get the molds done and more photos taken.

This was an interesting experiencing. I layed there and was faced with this gray putty filled over the brim of a tray and was told this would be put in my mouth and I would have to bite on it. First the upper teeth would enjoy this and then the bottom.

The mold tasted like clay or play-to, and it had to be left on there for a few minutes, then pulling it off was an interesting fete. My saliva acted like a suction cup to the mold, and after a few tries it came off, now for the bottom half. Afterwards, my mouth was dry and the taste was gross, I was given mouth wash to rinse the taste away.

Now for the photos. I was given two plastic sticks, and was told that I would have to hold my mouth open wide so photos could be taken, and then again for the upper lip and bottom lip.

Overall, it only took about 20 minutes, and I was told that the molds would be sent out and return in about 2-3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment