Approving Invisalign


 After just a few days, I was called and told my images have come in. It was now the approval stage. I sat down at the dentist desk, and on a large flat screen monitor I saw my teeth in a way I never saw them before. I saw them from the back, the sides, the insides. I was then told I would only need 10 aligners and it would only take about 6 months, I was excited.

I was then shown how my teeth would look like after each new tray was put in. I also saw small red dots on my teeth, which I would soon find out meant that small attachments would be played on a few of my teeth, they would act like anchors to hold the trays in. I didn't know how I felt about that, this would mean when I didn't have the trays in, that these small attachments would be seen), he assured me they were virtually invisible like the tray itself.

Next, I saw small numbers on the bottom of my teeth, mark .02, on about 4 teeth. He explained that with a sandpaper like floss he would floss in between a few bottom teeth, only about a hair strand, because those teeth were so tight, and needed to move along, I have a bit of crowding on the bottom, that this would allow for shifting to occur.

He once again answered my questions patiently, and made me feel at ease. I can't stress how important it is to have a doctor or dentist that you feel utterly comfortable with, this is important when finding a dentist. I approved it, and he made his approval, and that was it. The next step is waiting for the molds to come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment