Finished Invisalign



This post is a long time coming, but finally came around to finally post this.

As an update - I am 100% done with invisalign. That feels good to say.

On my last day they gave me some teeth whitening gels and indicated that I would be receiving some new trays, 4 of them, that I would be wearing for another 4 years. One for each year. For the first 3-4 months I would need to wear them all day again and then afterwards I can just wear them at night.

The retainers look just like the clear trays, even more clearer.

I am finished with the 3-4 months of wearing the tray "retainers" all day and now just wear them at night. I never miss a  night, but did once by accident, and the next day when I put the retainers on I could feel a little tightness when I put them on.

Even though I am "finished, the dentist indicated that everyone still has to wear the retainers. In 4 years they should be all set, but I think I will have to wear them always. I have a friend who had braces when he was a teenager, and he is now in his 30's and still wears a clear retainer tray at night, if he doesn't in a few days or weeks a tiny gap appears between his teeth.

In regards to the teeth whitening, I noticed when wearing my trays my teeth did get stained.

I have tried the teeth whitening, the syringe is filled with a clear gel and you place a drop of the gel on the clear retainer trays and leave it on for about 2 hours. I noticed a difference right away, but I stopped using it after a while because I didn't like the way it tasted, my teeth are sensitive, and sometimes my gums would have a burning sensation.

I asked my dentist, who offers in-office teeth bleaching, but one of the first things he told me was not to expect my teeth to be be bright white. He said there are different shades of teeth color, some more of a yellow tint and some with a natural blue tint, those with a blue tint have a better success rate with the in-office bleaching, while the yellow tint don't. He seemed to more dissuade me from doing it.

So, I am on the hunt for a safer and easier whitening method. I will be sure to share with you as soon as I find a great option.

3 comments:

  1. Many people have the embarrassing issue of crooked or crowded teeth. One of the most obvious solutions for the orthodontic problem is to get braces, but with more and more teens and even adults needing their teeth straightened, there is another option known as Invisalign. Invisalign is a clear set of hard plastic aligners that are fitted for your mouth. They must be checked and replaced over the course of the first couple of months while they work at aligning your teeth into proper position. Invisalign is a preferred choice for adults and teens because they are practically invisible due to being clear. However, as with all things, there are both pros and cons to using Invisalign. It’s important to know all the details before you decide to get fitted with the aligners at Orthodontist & Invisallign Doctor in Whitefield, Bangalore.

    Pros of Invisalign
    There are several advantages to getting Invisalign instead of opting for traditional metallic braces. Here are some pros of the clear set of aligners:

    Comfort: Invisalign is much more physically comfortable to wear. Since there are no wires or brackets, you don’t have to worry about getting any painful nicks or cuts in your mouth. They are smooth and won’t irritate your mouth. The aligners are similar to a mouth guard and lack any sharp edges.

    More Attractive: Since Invisalign is clear, it doesn’t leave you with a mouth full of metal. In other words, they are more attractive to the eye, and most people won’t even know you are wearing them. That means you can feel free to smile and don’t have to feel overly self-conscious.

    Convenience: Invisalign has become a norm for straightening the teeth, which means that you don’t necessarily have to deal with metal braces. This makes them very convenient, especially as they are available on a widespread scale.

    Can be Removed: Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating, brushing your teeth and flossing. That is something that cannot be done with braces. It allows you to eat foods you want and practice better oral hygiene, which helps to lower your risk of developing gum disease while you go through the process of straightening your teeth. You won’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck, which happens with traditional braces.

    Minimal Maintenance: Invisalign aligners require minimal maintenance. They can get dingy over time when you wear them, but you can freshen them by using a toothbrush dipped in a small amount of bleach and water. Scrubbing them for a minute will eliminate any stains. You only need to do this every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this journey with us. I have been going through all of your past posts for all the information you provided. Have a great rest of your day.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete